This Privacy Statement explains in general terms how Golf Central collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information under the Australian Privacy Principles.
Specific information about how we collect, use and disclose the personal information of members of our Membership Programs
We may amend this Privacy Statement as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on golfcentralbne.com.au. We may also issue specific privacy collection notices from time-to-time relating to particular products or services.
Information we collect
The types of personal information that we collect about you will depend on our relationship with you, the circumstances of collection and the type of service you request from us. The personal information may include:
– Your name, gender, date of birth, contact details
– Payment details (such as credit/debit card number and expiry date) provided in connection with the purchase of our products and services;
– If you use our website or mobile applications, your geo-location, IP address, mobile telephone number or ID and details of any third party sites that you may have accessed; and
– Membership Program membership number and membership details of any other loyalty programs.
How we collect information
We may collect personal information about you when you use our products and services or purchase our goods, make or update a booking to use our services, register to receive our newsletters or other communications, register to be part of one of our programs, tell us about your preferences, enter into one of our competitions, visit our websites, complete one of our surveys or otherwise interact with us.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
– To provide and administer our goods and services, including verifying your identity; contacting you about your orders and bookings; processing payments; training our staff; testing our systems;
– To provide and operate our competitions, promotions and events;
– To distribute our newsletters and other communications either ourselves or with the assistance of third party services providers;
for customer support, including resolving and providing assistance;
– To conduct marketing activities, for our products and services, or products and services of third parties, and to conduct market and other research to improve our products, services and marketing activities and generating consumer insights which may include combining personal information from third parties or public sources (e.g. Census data).
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to others in connection with the sale and provision of our services and our Membership Programs, including:
our service providers,
We may also disclose your personal information to our suppliers and third parties that perform other services for us in connection with the sale and provision of all our goods and services, including third parties who:
provide tuition and club fitting;
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. This website and associated websites (including those you reach by clicking on advertising) may store cookies on your web browser.
How we hold information and keep it secure
We hold your personal information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files. We use third party information system providers who may store or have access to your personal information.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from our partners or third parties.
When you book services your membership information, a secure server is used. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through this website.
Access and correction of information about you
If you would like to request access to, or correction of, your personal information we hold about you, please contact us via email@example.com
Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with within a reasonable time.
Privacy complaints and further information
If you have a concern about your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please contact us using via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.